- To edit your provider profile, go to the Healthgrades Physician Portal sign-in page and sign in.
- If you are a provider, your provider profile displays by default.
If you are an authorized representative, a list of the providers for whom you are authorized display. Choose one to open the provider profile for editing.
- In the sidebar, choose a profile section. The page scrolls to that section. Red dots in the sidebar indicate unfinished section of your profile.
- In every section, you can choose Edit to edit the information. In some sections, you can click directly on the plus sign (+) to edit a field.
In either case, be sure to choose Save to save your edits in a given section.
Best Practice: Keep These Sections Current
Studies cite that patients and referring physicians consider the following information to be the most important for evaluating, choosing or referring a provider. Healthgrades recommends, at minimum, you keep the following sections current:
- Insurance carriers and plans accepted
- Care philosophy
- Patient satisfaction (ratings and reviews)
- Provider responses to patient reviews
- Conditions treated
- Procedures performed
Misrepresenting yourself as a physician violates federal statutes and laws in all 50 states. Only a physician or an authorized representative of a physician are allowed to manage a provider's profile on Healthgrades.com. Violators will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.